Millions Recovered For Injured People

Farm worker injured on the job by cow, breaks jaw

On Behalf of | Jul 26, 2018 | Workers' Compensation |

Connecticut workers can be injured on the job in many circumstances. This is not limited to construction work, first responders or even those who are naturally in harm’s way due to the requirements of the job. Anyone can suffer a workplace injury that makes it necessary to receive medical treatment and think about how they are going to make ends meet while they recover. This is the reason for workers’ compensation. After being injured on the job, it is important to understand the right to receive workers’ compensation benefits and take the necessary steps to get it.

Working with animals can be dangerous due to their unpredictability, and this led to a farm worker suffering a broken jaw. The worker, 23, was head-butted by a cow as it unexpectedly swung its head. Medical crews were called to the scene at around 4:30 a.m. He was flown via helicopter to receive treatment. The injuries are not life-threatening.

With any workplace accident, there can be short and long-term ramifications to the worker. Medical treatment — even for broken bones, cuts or other issues that are expected to heal with time — can be seriously expensive. The inability to work can make it impossible to make ends meet.

For those with a family, this can be especially problematic. When there is any form of trauma, there can be a mental aspect to getting back to job and this too must be treated. Workers’ compensation benefits are in place to help those who have been injured on the job to cover for lost wages and their medical costs. Understanding how to file a claim and get those benefits is critical.

While working with cows on a farm, a worker was hit in the head and had his jaw broken. It appears that he will recover, but during the time he is receiving treatment and recovering from the injury, he might need help with medical expenses and lost wages. To ensure that he gets everything he is entitled to, he should immediately contact an attorney experienced in workers’ compensation claims.


FindLaw Network