Car Accident Injuries Can Be Devastating And Life-changing
Recent car accident injury statistics show both positives and negatives. The number of people killed in car accidents in America has been declining, which is excellent. Unfortunately, the numbers are not as positive for bikers and pedestrians across the country or drivers in Connecticut. The numbers of fatalities in those groups have steadily increased.
Roughly three million people are hurt every year in car accidents. Of those people, two million suffer a permanent injury and about 37,000 die. Call the attorneys at the Law Offices of James L. O'Rourke if you were hurt or someone died in an accident. We help car accident victims throughout Connecticut from our Stratford and Shelton offices.
Common Injuries Suffered In Car Accidents
Any type of injury can be sustained in a car crash. However, there are more common ones, due to the mechanisms of injuries that are typical in a collision. When vehicles collide, the impact to the body can be substantial, with the head and neck often taking the brunt of the force. This can result in injuries to the:
- Neck and spinal cord, such as whiplash, strains and sprains, herniated discs and even the severing of the spinal cord
- Head, including closed head injury, concussion, traumatic brain injury, contrecoup injuries and open head wounds
- Arms and legs, including shattered and broken bones, crushed limbs, sprains and strains, and amputations
- Chest, such as a crushed chest, broken ribs, severe bruising from steering wheel and/or seat belt, or airbag
- Lacerated veins and arteries, which can constitute a life-threatening emergency
- Cuts and scrapes, including road rash and severe gashes
Injuries Impact Your Body And Your Life
Car accidents can be devastating and permanently change your life. You could need ongoing medical care and physical therapy. Injuries might lead to the loss of work hours, lost wages, permanent scars, ongoing emotional issues, anxiety and insomnia. In the worst cases, you might have suffered paralysis, debilitating injuries or a death.
You Could Collect For A Variety Of Damage
If someone’s negligence in a car accident caused your injuries or a death, you might be able to collect for a variety of things, including:
- Lost wages.
- Medical bills
Get The Support You Need If You Suffered Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents cost people involved over $230 billion every year. Call our experienced personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of James L. O'Rourke at 800-658-1245 or email our legal team today to get started.