You Have Options After A Hit-And-Run Accident
Suffering injuries in a car accident is a painful, frightening and bewildering experience for most people. If you were hurt when another car struck yours, shock is a natural reaction. Once you have regained consciousness after a car accident, you will need to:
- Call for an ambulance
- Tell police what happened (if possible)
- Get emergency medical treatment
- Talk to an attorney about how to protect your rights and recover compensation
Determining whether negligence was a factor in the crash and preparing to file an injury claim against a negligent driver are important to do soon after a car accident. However, if the driver of another car has left the scene of the accident, it may be difficult or impossible to hold that person accountable. A hit-and-run accident presents a unique set of complications that can make insurance matters difficult to understand and deal with. Experienced legal counsel is essential after you have been injured in a hit-and-run auto accident.
Get the advice and help you need after a hit-and-run accident. Personal injury attorneys of the Law Offices of James L. O'Rourke near Bridgeport, Connecticut, can take many burdens from you while you focus on recovering from your injuries or the death of a loved one.
You may need surgery right away. You will naturally worry about how your medical bills will be paid if the other driver, apparently negligent, is not available because he or she fled the scene of the accident. Our respected attorneys at the Law Offices of James L. O'Rourke are prepared to take action promptly, including:
- Working with police as they try to find the driver who drove off after the crash
- Negotiating with health care providers and otherwise working on taking your worries about medical bills off the table while you are recovering from your injuries
- Educating you about ways that your own car insurance and possibly other types of insurance, as well, may bridge the gap if the other driver is never located
- If the other driver is found, following his or her case to discover relevant information that may help your case
If You Are The Victim Of A Hit-And-Run, Contact The Law Offices Of James L. O'Rourke
Personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of James L. O'Rourke wish to remind you of the importance of not talking too much before getting legal counsel. When you schedule a consultation at our law firm, our experienced attorneys will help you protect your rights and build an effective personal injury case. Initial consultations at our car accident law firm are free. Contact us online or call 800-658-1245 to get started.