Millions Recovered For Injured People

How Can I Recover Lost Wages After An Accident?

If you have suffered a serious injury in a car accident, you may find yourself in a position where you are unable to work for an extended period of time. This can create a great deal of stress for your family as bills for medical care and other expenses mount up.

Since 1993, the Law Offices of James L. O'Rourke has helped car accident victims in Connecticut receive the full compensation they deserve, including compensation for lost wages. With offices in Stratford, Shelton , our attorneys represent clients throughout the Greater Bridgeport area.

Recovering Of Lost Wages After An Accident

If the accident was caused by the negligence of another driver, his or her insurance company is responsible for paying your damages, including past and future lost wages. To recover compensation, you will need a note from your doctor saying that your injury prevents you from doing your job.

The insurance company of the at-fault driver will not pay for lost wages until your case is resolved by settlement or jury verdict. Until then, other options may be available to replace lost wages:

  • Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance
  • Employer-sponsored short-term disability benefits
  • Employer-sponsored or private long-term disability insurance

You will have to repay disability benefits from your employer-sponsored or private disability insurance provider when you recover compensation for lost wages. Our lawyers will negotiate with your disability insurance provider so you keep as much money in your pocket as possible.

Contact Our Bridgeport Lost Wage Recovery Lawyers Today

We invite you to speak to our experienced personal injury attorneys to learn more about wage recovery after an accident. Our law firm will do everything possible to limit the financial impact that your injuries will have on your life. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us online or call 800-658-1245.