Holding Companies Accountable For Defective Products
Unsafe products injure or kill thousands of people each year, including many children. In some cases, manufacturers are aware of reports of injuries but fail to take steps to warn consumers or recall dangerous products.
Since 1993, the Law Offices of James L. O'Rourke has represented those who have been injured by dangerous or defective products. With offices in Stratford, Shelton , our attorneys represent clients throughout the Greater Bridgeport area.
We Handle Cases Involving Product Defects Of All Kinds
When a product is defective in design or manufacture, or lacks proper warnings, and you are injured as a result, the manufacturer, distributor and the store that sold the product may be responsible. This area of law is known as product liability.
Examples of dangerous or defective products include:
- Medical devices such as hip replacement systems that fail
- Prescription drugs that have dangerous side effects
- Children’s toys and furniture that put children at risk of injury
- Appliances that catch fire or contain inadequate warnings
- Cars that catch fire
- Auto safety equipment that fails in an accident
- Gas appliances that explode or vent carbon monoxide into a home
- Exercise equipment that is unreasonably dangerous
Sometimes people are injured because they use the product in a way that the manufacturer did not intend. However, as long as your use of the product was foreseeable, the manufacturer may still be liable. Even if you have been told that you do not have a case, contact our lawyers for a free second opinion.
Free Case Evaluation From An Experienced Lawyer
Our attorneys are dedicated to holding manufacturers responsible for the injuries their products have caused. To schedule a consultation at one of our three office locations, contact us online or call 800-658-1245. We are available 24/7 to take your call.